Okay, so it’s getting to cosy indoor weather again, which for me and Boyfriend, it means that we spend a lot more of our evenings indoors and watching the TV. I’ve had Netflix since I was a uni student and it’s definitely a service that I would not go without again so long as it’s online. So today, I thought I would share with you guys my top five Netflix must watches! I’m not meaning Netflix Originals because that could be a post in and of itself at some point in the future, I’m just talking about programmes that are available to watch on the UK version of Netflix.
1. Daredevil – I’m not overly keen on the rest of the Marvel Netflix programmes, but boy did I love Daredevil. Boyfriend and I are currently on round two of season two watching because The Punisher is my absolute favourite. I love the idea of Daredevil, a blind superhero because he has the perfect daily disguise. Let’s be honest here, you wouldn’t expect a blind lawyer to be the Devil of Hell’s Kitchen, would you?
And can I just take a second here to rave about how excited I am about the thought of The Punisher being released onto Netflix soon!?
2. Stranger Things – I’ll be honest here, I didn’t really fancy watching Stranger Things in the beginning because I’m not really that into creepy programmes. However, Boyfriend made me watch it and I ended up loving it. We actually became addict and binge watched the whole series in about 3 nights! And can I just mention the fact that season two is out in a few days? SO EXCITED!
3. The Gilmore Girls – I’m meaning the original series here, I wasn’t a huge fan of the reboot. Particularly not keen on what they did to Rory’s character, but hey, it was still worth a watch. I am a huge Gilmore Girls fan, and I regularly (probably a couple of times a year) re-watch the series in their entirety. Just so you know, I’m definitely team Logan, although I have always had a soft spot for Jess.
Just for full disclosure, I have the DVDs of the Gilmore Girls and I’ve never actually watched it on Netflix.
4. Homeland – oh my days, where do I even begin? I freaking love this programme. It’s right up my street because it totally challenges you’re perspective on good and bad (and who can be a terrorist) and calls into question what the governments are willing to do to ‘protect’ their own people. My dad told me to watch this for months and years before I finally actually did it and I wish I had done it sooner. I’m late to the party, as season seven is now out on DVD but it’s so good and I don’t actually know anyone bar my Dad who has watched this series.
5. Suits – Another TV series that I was late to the party with, but fell in love with and binge watched. Plus it does help that Patrick J Adams is gorgeous to look at! I’ve not actually watched the latest series that’s available online but I will get around to it now that the weather is getting colder and that the dark nights are setting in.
What are your favourite programmes on Netflix at the moment? I’m always on the look out for some new programmes to watch!